Pilgrimage of Love

Most of us have special devotions. 

Some friends offer novena prayers to their favorite saints. I took on the devotion to our Blessed Mother by praying the rosary. My family do the seven churches visitation lent time. 

To those who have enough money to visit shrines, they form groups to go on pilgrimages.

But there is an "inner pilgrimage" that we are all challenged to undertake in every season of our lives not just on special occasions. We need not wait til we get sick to go to Lourdes, France [to change our lives or change our patterns of behavior]or to visit Rome for a saint's canonization. There is an inner voice that urges one to take the road.

This "interior movement" is summarized into four verbs according to my SD as we reflected on the Gospel of Matthew 13[44-46]: cercare [to seek], trovare [to find], andare [to go] e vendere [and to sell]. 

It's scary and exciting at the same time... to leave behind everything and just go where God takes us. This is the 'tent spirituality' a missionary taught us when I was in North Africa.

Heeding a friend's tweet: "Be ready to be interrupted by God."

*last quotes written by my spiritual friend
*No copyright infringement intended

Tame your desires.
Claim your belovedness... 

Deepen the silence. 
Discern.
Pray a whole lot...

Trust and go...

Comments

  1. Reading you makes me feel sanctified. Beautiful video and words....
    My best wishes to you Dear One.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your visit little one. No, I have not forgotten you. You know where to find me :) God bless always+

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back writing here, my friend. You're right, we don't have to go very far to find God. No pilgrimage is as sacred or as near as the journey within.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a list of things to write but have not finished my reading materials yet :) A wonderful encounter with friends is also a rich source for writing aside from book/blog reading.

      I think you have started your very own pilgrimage Vishnu ~ continue! Thanks for the visit and God bless always+

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Relationship Status: Attached